How to update / Change / Correct your Aadhaar Card details through post?
Residents can Update/Correct the following six information on their Aadhaar letter by sending an Application through Post to UIDAI:
1. Name 2. Address 3. Date of Birth 4. Gender 5. Mobile Number
Maximum permissible update request for each resident till March 2014 is limited to four. Resident has the option to submit application online and send the supporting documents through Post. For this Resident must visit the online portal for Update request submission and follow the instructions on portal. Else Resident can fill Aadhaar Update Form and send the hard copy of the filled form along with documents to UIDAI.
The process for request through post is as follows:
- Fill in the complete Aadhaar Data Update/Correction Form and sign off.
- Depending on the field to be updated, attach self attested supporting documents as per the Valid Documents List given below
- Name Correction/Update – Requires PoI listed in “Supported Proof of Identity (PoI)
- Documents Containing Name and Photo for Name Corrections/Update’
- Date of Birth Correction – Requires DoB listed in “Supported Proof of Date of Birth (DoB) Documents”
- Address Corrections/Change – Requires PoA listed in “Supported Proof of Address (PoA)
- Documents Containing Name and Address”
- Review the data entered for correctness and completeness in English as well as local language.
- UIDAI will not make any corrections to the information in your request.
- Mention your Aadhaar Number on all document copies.
- Send the Form along with the supporting documents to one of the address given below
- Mark the envelope as “Aadhaar Update/Correction” on top. Seal the envelope properly.
- You will receive an intimation of update request receipt.
Tags: Aadhaar, Adhar, Aadhar, Aadhaar Card, Aadhaar number, Aadhaar card details, Aadhaar card number, Update Aadhaar card details, Aadhaar card correction, Rectify Aadhaar card by post